Going to College: The Site I Wish I Would Have Used Before and During College.


 

Going to College: The Site I Wish I Would Have Used Before and During College.

You are going to College! How exciting! Well for starters your probably more nervous than anything else. All the things you must get done and ALL the things you have to buy, excluding tuition. It seems like a hassle I know. Well I am going to share a secret I wish I would have done when I went to college. I use it today in my life outside of College and love it just the same.

So, you’re moving into a dorm and there about a thousand things you need to buy and get. Let me let you in on a little secret AMAZON. I wish more than anything I would have used amazon getting ready for college and during it.

My first piece of advice to you is make an account!

The signup for an Amazon account is free, but to get the best of it become a member.

Amazon is currently offering a 30-day free trial of their student membership. After the thirty days it is 4.99 a month but let me tell you it is WORTH every penny. Here is why:

Free Two-Day Shipping. That is a blessing, I paid caboodles of money in shipping on things for college.

Amazon Prime Video is included with your membership. (stream movies and tv shows). I am sure you will be taking your tv or laptop to school with you, and there is a lot of downtime for movies. In college, I paid 10 dollars a month JUST for Netflix. With Amazon Prime Student you get Prime Video and so much more!

Discounts on text books. Yep you read that right! If you can access the ISBN number to your text book (most of your professors give you this info) you can get it on Amazon and get Free two-day shipping. With the membership you can rent or own new or used textbooks and also sell your textbooks. I recently found my friend her 300 dollar chemistry textbook on Amazon for just 40 dollars and free two day shipping! That was 260 dollars she saved and could use for something else, like tuition.

Prime Reading. You get to read free books on the kindle app or device. If you don’t have a kindle device the Kindle app is absolutely free to download.

Read Magazines for free. Read your favorite magazines for free with your student membership.

All of this and more for $4.99 a month. It’s a steal!! All you need is student email to qualify for the discounted rate. The regular Amazon Prime Membership is 10.99 a month and comes with a few extra things such as Prime Music, Unlimited Music. So, if you like music a lot I would consider that option.

Below is a Icon that contains a link to sign up for Amazon Prime Student and get the 30-day free trial. Just Click on the Icon. Who doesn’t love a free trial.
Amazon Prime Student 30-Day Free Trial


HINT:

Also, your dormitory will provide WIFI, and if you are taking your tv with you and have nothing to stream your movies and apps on I seriously suggest checking out the Amazon fire stick. It is only 39.99 and if you become a member before you purchase it you will get free two-day shipping. The Amazon Fire Stick is by far the easiest streaming device I have ever used. It is quick to set up and easy guide system. It also has Alexa, voice recognition, Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote, just say what to do in the remote and she does it (such as: play movie, stop, pause, etc.).  I highly recommend the product. It is Small and light weight; it just plugs right in the HDMI port on your tv. I showed up to college with my Xbox (mistake) I only used it for streaming movies and it was so big and bulky (hint: there is not a lot of room in dorms). I wish I would have had the fire stick just because my tv took up more room than I could afford, then finding a space for my Xbox was difficult. Just check out the Fire Stick, I personally believe it’s the perfect accessory for your dorm and space savvy.

Below I have listed the link for you to check out the Amazon Fire Stick.


   

Here is also the link (just click the Amazon Prime icon) to the Full Amazon Prime Membership. Check it out, it also comes the same advantages plus the extras I was talking about:
I hope this helps you own your way to College and while at it. I know it would have greatly helped me!

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work From Home Jobs

Hey. You there. Yeah you, the person following their dreams. This one is for you.

How to Get Free Ebooks. Also, some of my favorite free EBooks.